*This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Looking for fun Elf on the Shelf ideas that will inspire some great sensory play at your house? Here are 15 new ideas for you to try…your little one won’t be able to resist getting in on the action!
Looking for more Elf on the Shelf fun? Check out our post, 15 Gross Motor Activities for the Elf on the Shelf too!1. Caught red handed in a pile of shaving cream with the bottle of shaving cream left out for your little one to take a turn!
2. Buried in a bowl of dry oatmeal with another larger bowl of oatmeal set out for kids to play with (hide some holiday items inside like small ornaments, jingle bells, pinecones, etc.).
3. About to dive into a sink full of soapy water with cups to fill and pour. 4. Wrapped up tight in a linen napkin like a hot dog with a blanket nearby for your child to try the same thing!
5. Jamming to some music using headphones with a pair left out for your child.
6. Coloring with a pack of scented markers. 7. Shoving pennies from your child’s piggy bank into a big pile of playdough.
8. Loading a backpack full of heavy books for your child to try to carry around the house!
9. Playing in the ice box…cool! :) Fill up a large tupperware container with ice cubes for your child to play in. 10. Having some quiet time reading in a cozy place (behind the couch, between a piece of furniture and the wall), encouraging your little one to do the same.
11. At the end of a trail of Light Brite pegs leading to the toy for your child to try!
12. Making snowballs for an indoor fight by crumpling up pages from a magazine. 13. Playing with washable finger paint
14. Swinging in a cloth napkin hammock. Parents can make a swing for kids too! Each adult holds one end of a sheet with the child lying inside!
15. With his feet stuck into a bowl of dry rice with another larger bowl of dry rice set out for kids to play with (include spoons, scoops, and measuring cups).
Wow, that Elf really knows how to do sensory!!