Check out this snowman soup kit – perfect for working on visual skills, fine motor skills, and gross motor skills!
Kids love mixing and pretending to make potions and soups of all kinds! They also love the challenge of following a recipe!
We thought it would be fun to make a wintery twist on this activity with some recipe cards for making Snowman Soup! If you like these check out our Magic Potion Sensory and Fine Motor Activity Pack!
What You’ll Need:
Collect the following ingredients and place them in individual bowls for easy retrieving.
Get all of these supplies plus a pack of printed and laminated snowman soup recipe cards here!
- Craft sticks (snowman’s arms)
- Marshmallows or cotton balls (snowballs)
- Orange triangles -craft foam, felt, or paper (carrot noses)
- Small mitten shapes cut from felt
- Ribbon cut into 3″ pieces (scarves)
- Small black hats (can be purchased at a craft store or use another small black object like Legos)
- Black pompoms or felt circles (pieces of coal)
- Empty plastic container with a lid
What to do:
Use the cards in the snowman soup kit to show kids how to make each recipe for snowman soup by placing the items in their bowl.
Place the recipe cards at one end of the room and have kids complete locomotor skills to deliver each ingredient of their recipe to the container or grab some tongs or tweezers to increase the fine motor challenge.
Throw all of the ingredients into one big sensory bin and have kids dig for each item that they need for their soup to be complete. With 8 different recipes to choose from, this activity is sure to keep kids busy and happy for a while!
Don’t forget to read the directions for how to mix up the soup so kids can serve it to you or a friend! Snowman soup is definitely best served cold as a gazpacho! :) The directions include movements to target direction-following, balance, jumping, galloping, and skipping.
Looking for another winter Activity for kids?
Check out these activities to work on fine motor, gross motor, and sensory processing skills this winter!
Latest posts by Lauren Drobnjak (see all)
- Christmas Gross Motor Activities: Silly Santa Cards - November 28, 2023
- The Best Stocking Stuffer Gifts - November 13, 2023
- The Best Bubble Machines - October 27, 2023