This is one of our favorite printable Halloween activities – a cute little ghost that will help kids practice cutting skills!
Halloween is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to embrace the spooktacular spirit with creative and educational activities. Among the many traditions associated with Halloween, crafting stands out as a fantastic way to celebrate this ghoulish holiday.
Kids Halloween crafts not only ignite a child’s imagination but also offer opportunities to work on important developmental skills. In today’s post, we’ll explore one of our favorite printable Halloween activities – a ghost craft that not only promises tons fun but also helps kids develop essential scissor skills.
The Importance of Scissor Skills for Kids
Scissor skills are a fundamental part early childhood development. They play a pivotal role in fine motor development and participation in the preschool classroom and beyond. Here’s why scissor skills are so important for kids:
- Fine Motor Development: Using scissors requires precise hand-eye coordination and fine motor control. These skills are vital for tasks like buttoning shirts, tying shoelaces, and handwriting.
- Cognitive Skills: Cutting involves planning and executing specific actions. It encourages problem-solving and spatial awareness as kids figure out where to cut and how to manipulate the scissors.
- Bilateral Coordination: Cutting with scissors is a great way for us to assess and work on bilateral coordination skills, or using both sides of the body together in a coordinated way.
Printable Halloween Activities: Ghost Cutting Craft
If you’re looking for free printable halloween templates to make planning easy – we’ve got you covered today! This craft is a fun and simple way to work on cutting on lines.
What You’ll Need:
-Printable (scroll down to download
What to Do:
1 – Have kids cut out the ghost shape. Then have them cut on the lines at the bottom of the ghost.
2 – Roll the end pieces around a pencil or marker to curl them up, making the ghost into a 3D shape.
3 – Glue the ghost onto a piece of black paper and add use crayons to add eyes and a mouth!
Click here to see the video demonstration on how to make this fun printable Halloween activity!
Latest posts by inspiredtree (see all)
- Block Play for Kids (+The Best Block Sets) - November 14, 2023
- Printable Halloween Activities: Ghost Cutting Craft - October 15, 2023
- Free Thanksgiving Printables: Turkey Pompom Bag - November 7, 2022