Check out some of our favorite sticker activities for kids – all great for building tons of developmental skills!
Stickers are a kid’s best friend! My kids at home ALL love stickers for rewards, decorating, playing school, and collecting.
And at work? Well, I have yet to meet a kiddo who won’t participate in therapy when bribed with a sticker. If you find yourself at home with your toddler or preschooler and in need of some quick and easy entertainment, try these fun sticker activities for kids!
What You’ll Need:
What to Do:
1. If you have a vertical surface where you are comfortable sticking some stickers, place them at varying heights and encourage your child to reach up, squat down, jump up and move and reach sideways to touch them.
If your child is a bit older and can follow directions well, have him stand a few feet away and call out a sticker for him to go touch — see how fast he can react between movements from one to another (you will need a few different stickers for this version!).
Or try calling out a sequence of stickers for him to remember and touch!
2. Place stickers all over your carpeted floor and let your toddler go to town pulling them up. This is an awesome fine motor task that will encourage grasping and fine motor strengthening! BONUS….you may get a few bits of dirt pulled off of your carpet during this one! :)
3. For more fine motor practice, stick some stickers on a sheet of paper and have your child trace them, or connect them like a connect-the-dots activity!
4. Stickers are great for practicing scissor skills. Place several stickers in a line and have your child cut across them, cutting them all in half! Place just one sticker at the top of a piece of paper and have your child cut toward the target.
5. Work on body awareness! Call out a body part and see if the child can place a sticker there! Nose, head, stomach, leg, foot, arm, elbow, knee, etc.!
7. Find out how to make your own delicious-smelling scratch and sniff stickers here!
Latest posts by Lauren Drobnjak (see all)
- Guided Meditation for Kids: 10 Resources to Get You Started - July 24, 2017
- The Best Development-Boosting Preschool Toys - July 14, 2017
- The Best Toys for 2-Year-Olds and 3-Year-Olds - July 10, 2017